Friday, August 21, 2009

post viral rash

After 5 days of very high temperature (105- broke her own record) The fever is gone... good hum???? but now she was left with this




Doc said is a post viral rash!? Has anyone ever heard of this???????
Doc said sometimes after a viral infection some kids get this rash... looks bad, but it is harmless. Should be gone in 3 days, but she is getting worse by the minute. It does not bother her, but I want my baby skin back!!!!!!!!!!
Sometimes I think that people think that I made these things up.
Can we be on the positive side of the statistics for a change???

6 comments:

M said...

It is absolutely normal. Madelyn had this happen to her twice within the past year. We used a little benadryl to help clear it up, per the doctor's suggestion. Maybe you can see what the pedi thinks of that?

Serenity said...

O's fever broke this weekend and he's getting a rash too. Our pedi told us to expect it, actually. We haven't used anything on it, since it doesn't seem to bother him, but the suggestion of benadryl seems like a good one.

Hang in there. Hugs.

xxx

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I've heard of it, but haven't yet experienced. Hope she is doing well soon!

TeamWinks said...

I hope it gets better soon!

Thankful Terri said...

Hope she gets to feeling better. Hope the rash goes away quickly.

Bea said...

Time flies! Two years since positive peestick.

I am sorry you're "celebrating" it by coming down with viruses and then rashes. I hope it's all cleared up by now and your boss is satisfied with your efforts at turning up to work despite it all...

Bea