Monday, May 19, 2008

The good and the bad

GOOD:
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Dad is doing much better, they did an Angioplasty and Stenting procedure. They found a blockage that they think was corrected by the procedure so he will not have to have open heart surgery. I am feeling much much better but still very stressed out. Mom is leaving tomorrow morning , she can;t wait to see my dad. I cried on my way to work today thinking of what I will do without her. I'll miss her so much. She has been a great help, I could not have done it without her. Now I'll have to manage Lyla, the house, a demanding boss all by myself. I feel so unprepared. I dont want Lyla do go to daycare before her 2 months vaccines , so Dh and I will take 1/2 days off (I'll work in the mornings and dh the afternoons) for 2 weeks and dh will take one extra week off.
BAD
Today I also got terrible news, my good friend that got pregnant after years of infertility lost her baby at 11 weeks. They did not find a heartbeat. I am devastated for her... I know this pain all too well. Her name is Virginia, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

10 comments:

sara said...

I'm very sorry about your friend Virginia, I will keep her in my thoughts. I am however glad your dad is doing a little better, I've kept your whole family in my prayers and will continue to do so.

ultimatejourney said...

I'm so glad your dad is doing better, and so sad for your friend.

Kate said...

I'm glad your dad is better. So sorry about your friend....

Dr. Grumbles said...

Hoping for healthy recovering for your father and healing for Virginia.

Nicole said...

Virginia is in my thoughts and meditations. So very sad.

Jessica White said...

My thoughts are with your friend, and you guys as you get used to not having your mom there. That's great that your dad's surgery went well...hopefully he's on the mend.

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

I'm glad your father is doing better, but I am SO sorry about your friend. I will be thinking about her.

lady in waiting said...

I guess I missed a lot...I am so sorry about your dad, but glad to hear he is doing better. And how terrible about your friend, of course we know what she is going through and how heartbreaking it is.
BTW - Congrats on Lyla, she is SO beautiful! You are very lucky.

momofonefornow said...

Hi, I am over from NaComLeavMo. That is great news about your dad. I know that it is a bit nerve wracking that your mom is leaving but, you can totally do it. I think most moms feel that way and they come to find out that they are much more capable than they ever know.

Virginia is in my prayers.

Meg said...

I'm glad your dad is doing better. It's no fun when our parents show signs of not being invincible super heroes. I hope he's back to feeling a 100% very quickly.