Sunday, August 23, 2009

What are you doing with this girl???

Lyla was feeling good today, her rash was very mild (compared to Saturday) so I decided that it was good idea to go to church, after all it was my turn to be at the nursery. The weather was just gorgeous, and we took the kids to the church's playground. Lyla loved the play time, she has 2 little frieds that are her age, born days apart... they are so cute together. Anyway, with the heat (only 78 F) Lyla's rash got worse within minutes, her face looked terrible. One of the mothers came to pick up her girl. She is the "perfect mother", her kids stay at home, sleep through the night since day one, no problems breastfeeding, they start walking by the age of 9 months, never got sick, never took antibiotics... so she tells me. She looks at Lyla and asks me: what's wrong with her??? I explained that is as post viral rash, not contagious and that the heat had made it look worse. Her response: "This girl catches all kind of stuff, what are you doing with her?????? that is why I never sent mine to daycare". Only if she knew how hurtful it was what she said. Only if she knew how awful I feel every time Lyla gets sick, how it breaks my heart that she has to spend 8 + hours at day care.... that I trying to do my best under circumstances that are not optimal... I don't know why I let comments like this hurt me. It was my fault, I should have stayed home.. And to make things even better on my way home from church the "service engine" light came off in my car.Please God, please , I really can't afford this now.

8 comments:

cecisantiago said...

Oi Ci, que difícil viu amiga...poxa, as pessoas são mesmo tão más, né? O que é que essa moça ganhou te dizendo isso? Olha, não coloquei meu filho na escola ainda com a idéia de que estaria protejendo ele, coisa e tal. Pois é....desde março ele fica doente todo mês. Tirei da natação, não deixo descer para brincar no play quando sei que tem outras crianças doentes...e não adianta. É assim mesmo. Os anticorpos passados por nós na gravidez já acabaram na idade deles e eles estão produzindo os próprios agora. Se a filha desta moça nunca fica doente...deveria ser publicada no livro dos recordes. Acho que ela devia rezar mais....Força aí!!Estou rezando por você daqui de longe e te passando boas energias! Muda a sintonia das vibrações pra essa onda ruim passar logo. Confie em Deus que vai passar!!!!Mil beijos, Ciça

Delenn said...

Oh Cibele. Sometimes people can be so full of themselves and not know how stupid they are. That was an awful ignorant comment and I am sorry you had to get that. Do not ever feel guilty for how you raise your child. From what I know of you and what I have read on your blog, it is so obvious that you love her and care for her in the best ways that you can. There are so many ways to raise and care for children...there are so many "right" ways to do things. And she had no right to be judgmental.

I hope Lyla's rash gets better. And I hope life gets better for you--you deserve it!

areyoukiddingme said...

Research indicates that children who go to daycare/preschool end up missing less school, because they've strengthened their immune systems beforehand. Don't let other mothers get you down. You're doing what's right for you and Lyla. No one else has any right to comment on it.

Of course you feel bad when Lyla gets sick, but you're not doing the wrong things. She just needs to develop her immune system, and she'll be just fine.

hope548 said...

I want to say mean things about that lady, but I'll be nice. How could she say something like that? It's wrong to ever assume you know anything about anyone. We all know that because of what we've been through. Good for her that she can stay at home and take care of her kids. Many of us don't have that luxury. Please don't let her comments make you feel bad. You are a wonderful mom and she is a thoughtless woman.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

People are so stupid sometime! You are a great Mom and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise!

Hope your car is not an expensive fix!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Screw her! I'm sure she has skeletons in her closet...nobody is perfect and it is sad that she tried to come across like she was. Don't listen to her!

Amanda said...

I get very upset at moms who are so self-righteous and look down on other parents because they aren't doing things the way they are.

For example, stay at home moms who look down on people like you and me because we "won't" do the same when the truth is that not everyone has that option. And the nerve of her to make you feel even more guilty when of course you would love more than anything to be at home with your baby. Sigh.

(Disclaimer: Most SAHM's aren't like that...just the ones who are really, really hurt me. I am just clarifying so that no one jumps on me!!)

kim said...

How Rude! I think you're doing an awesome job being Lila's mom. Maybe she needs to get out more to cultivate some social skills. Hugs!