I can't believe it, I am 12 weeks today! I know that there is not such a thing is a safe point but it means a lot to be done with the first trimester. These first weeks have not been easy on me, so many ups and downs (more ups, thankfully), so much stress, but it is all worth it!!!! I hope that my second trimester brings me the confidence and peace of mind that I long for...
Today is also my last day on progesterone. I am going to call my nurse to ask if I just stop cold turkey or have to go to a smaller dosage before (Any advise from all of you that have been on progesterone during you first trimester?). UTI is kicking my a$$. I guess it has to get worse before it gets better. I seriously had to go to the bathroom 10 times last time. I am exhausted because every 30 min or so I was up. The medicine is also making me very sick. Taking antibiotics + progesterone (twice a day) + prenatal is more than my stomach can handle and leaves a terrible taste on my mouth that makes eating very difficult. But again, it is all worth it!!!
for today I will try to forget the worries and celebrate this milestone. Maybe I'll start feeling comfortable enough to buy pregnancy books, to look at baby stuff, to daydream about bring a baby home
Have a great weekend
14 comments:
I have no advice or answers for your questions but OH MY GOSH WHAT A GREAT MILESTONE! 12 WEEKS! Go baby, grow baby, go mama.
CIBELE - Im so excited, I'm jumping up and down for you!!
Congrats on the milestone!
Happy 12 weeks!!! Being only 2 days behind ya, I am so glad that 12 weeks is coming up!
Have a good weekend!
Yay, 12 weeks. Go ahead and buy some books-you deserve it!!
Congrats on getting to 12 weeks! Your peace of mind is well-deserved! I quit the progesterone cold turkey around week 8. I was told that they keep IVF patients on it (at my clinic) until week 10 only and that by that time the placenta is making sufficient progesterone. It is great not to have to deal with the suppositories anymore, but don't throw away your pantyliners! 8)
I just stopped taking it cold turkey. Congrats!!!!!
congratulations!!! i hope the antibiotics kick in fast and that UTI is a thing of the past in a hurry.
as i recall, i switched from PIO shots after IVF to crinone (the progesterone gel) around 6 weeks, and then quit that cold turkey around 10-12 weeks.
Yay!
I looking forward to reading about the next two trimesters!
Congrats on the milestone. I think that calls for a mini-party - say, an extra-special dessert!
Bea
Congratulations on getting to 12 weeks, that is so great!
I also quit the progesterone cold turkey. As someone else said apparently by then your placenta is producing enough.
What a fantastic day! Congrats on the major milestone!
12 weeks is a wonderful marker! Congratulations on continued success.
:)
Ask your doctor if you are allowed to take Pyridium during your pregnancy..it really helps the UTI symptoms.
Welcome to the second trimester!:)
Post a Comment