Baby gave us a huge scare today. I was at work and went to the bathroom and there it was on the TP a big dark brown spot. My heart started racing , I wiped again and again and every time I saw brown blood and mucus...I ran to the phone, called my doc that told me to go for a sono. I called dh and I lost it right there at work, started crying , millions thoughts racing in my head. I gathered my stuff and went crying all the way to the docs office where dh met me. After what seemed to be an endless waiting (in a waiting room full of babies and huge bellies) we were called in. Sono showed a cute looking baby, with a strong heartbeat (167 bpm) and measuring a whole week ahead. What a relief! Doc did a quick cervix exam and could see what I was talking about, a brown mucus... maybe some old blood, but did not come from the uterus(cervix is nice and closed). I am also not cramping. Since my blood type is negative she had me taking the vaccine earlier and up my progesterone dosage. For now I am at home, resting, still scared. I hope that the spotting goes way and never returns. Doc told me that I will see some more brown spotting that is still "hanging " on my cervix... I am trying to control myself and don’t go to the bathroom every five second. It is never easy… Please keep me on my thoughts.
After all was over DH said that he kept his cool for me but he was dying inside and about to cry to.
UPDATE
Yesterday I spent the day at home resting, I had no spotting at all. Today first thing there it was , some more brown spotting. Doc told me to expect some more because she saw that brown mucus on my cervix when she did a pelvic exam. But it is always scary to see that. I hope that goes way. I have no cramping and I've been sick as a dog. Taking progesterone in the morning is really making me sick. I'll try to gather some strength to work today... Thank you all for the kind words of support.
13 comments:
OMG, I would've been freaking out, too! That is the scariest thing to see when you are pregnant!
At least your cervix is holding tight. I am thinking of you!
How awful! I hope that there isn't anymore spotting. I am glad the ultrasound showed a beating heart and things were good with the baby.
Oh wow, sending hope and prayer your way and hoping that your good fortune holds.
glad things worked out for you. I would have freaked
Yeah, that's freakout worthy. I'm glad your doc is not concerned though, and that everything looks fine.
You poor thing! You have had a stressful couple of weeks. I hope things start to calm down for you...
Wow, that would have been super scary! So glad all is well! Your in my thoughts and prayers!
That must have been awful.
I hope that all is well, and that there is no need for concern.
Thinking of you guys and baby.
I will DEFINETELY keep you in my thoughts! I hope that spotting goes away...you've come too far. I know that it will! take it easy.*hugs*
Kids start making you crazy right from the beginning! :) Glad the doc was reassuring. Sometimes weird freaky things happen in pregnancy with no explanation.
I've been out of town for a few days and I'm glad to hear that things are ok! Hang in there!!
I'm glad your Doctor was able to see you and somewhat calm your fears. I will be hoping for no more bleeding and no more worrying!
Glad to hear things are okay now. I will keep thinking of you.
Post a Comment