Wednesday, October 24, 2007

More drama

Today I went to see the midwife because my UTI symptoms have returned. I did the midstream test and nurse comes back from the lab after 15 minutes or so and asks me: ARE YOU DIABETIC??? "Who me??? not that I am aware". It turns out that I have no indications of UTI but they found sugar on my urine. She had me doing a blood sugar test and I have to come back on Friday to talk to my Dr and redo blood and urine test. I am hoping that I don’t have gestational diabetes. 1/2 week ago my urine test did not show anything. Everywhere I read it says that it does not develop until 24 weeks or so, I am only 13 weeks!!! 6 months ago, before I got pregnant my insulin resistance test were bother line... and that sugar in the urine is a strong indication of gestational diabetes. Can this be??? gestational diabetes is no fun...Has anyone had a similar experience and turned out not to have gestational diabetes??? any advise??

The good thing was that the nurse used the Doppler and heard the baby's heartbeat lout and clear. HE/SHE is still here.... and I as freaking out as usal...

6 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

YUCK..praying

Courtney said...

That is no good! I'm so sorry that you are having to have more tests done. Hang in there!

Bea said...

I don't know anything about gestational diabetes, except it's best if you know about it sooner rather than later so you can manage it!

Good luck, glad the heartbeat is still great - that's the main thing.

Bea

Kate said...

I'm sorry! I haven't had my sugar test yet, so I don't really have any good advice for you....

Delenn said...

I hope everything is all right! I don't know much about it, but its good to know early, so I am sure it will work out.

Dr. Grumbles said...

Ooh, I hope it will be ok. I agree with Bea that catching it soon has to be a good thing.