Friday, December 07, 2007

20 weeks

I can't believe it that I reached the 1/2 way mark... I anticipated being in a different place right now. Don't take me wrong, I am so so happy to have this opportunity, to be expecting my baby girl.... but I still feel so scared, now more than ever because I am so in love to this little. Every time she kicks me my heart jumps with joy. I am trying to have positive thoughts and convince myself that the odds are on my favor... and that everything it will be okay with her. It has to!
It is time to take actions, to plan for this baby's arrival: pick a name, register, pick day care, arrange maternity leave, birthing classes. I am overwhelmed! mostly because I am still scared to plane ahead
Thank you for all your support and love. Without you I could not make it. Here is the only place that I can talk about my true emotions , fears, reservations... for the rest of the world I smile and pretend that I am just one more pregnant girl!

9 comments:

Delenn said...

Totally with you on this! I just realized I had to tell our pediatrician I was pregnant! Last appointment I got my registration package from the hospital--and it hit me how much is still needed to be done. Starting the horrible daycare shuffle now...

Happy 20th Week!

Queila said...

congratulations on 20 weeks. it will go even faster from now on. enjoy!

:)

Q

Mr. Middleman said...

Your sentiments are beautiful, because they come from the depths... where only you know your true self.

Is this you first child? Sounds like it might be, from the angst I am sensing in what you wrote.

I am a father to two girls - now 3.5 and 5 years old. I remember being very nervous, too. I just about threw up during the labour, I was so scared.

We both went out of our way to keep ourselves busy with various tasks to get ready for the babies. I believe the term is called "nesting."

We do it as an outlet for fears, worries, etc... especially in times of self-doubt. It's a way of coping. I think it's totally natural.

Seems to me like you're right on track and that you'll be a very conscientious mother / parent.

The pregnancy and subsequent birth will take it's natural course. So just go with it and enjoy it, rather than trying to fritter the time away with too many little tasks. Remember, you'll never get this time back.

Cherish these moments.

God bless you and your new family.

Chris

Nicole said...

You are never just another pregnant girl to me, my friend. Glad that you are half way there though. Enjoy it!

Fairuce said...

Eba!!! Metade do caminho querida...
Acho que é normal a gente se sentir assim... eu nem sei o que vou fazer qdo engravidar, rs, mas acho que vai ser a mesma coisa... mas penso que é coisa de mae que já perdeu... desabafe sim, estamos aqui sempre viu?? Beijos na mamae e na baby girl!!

Courtney said...

Happy 20th week! This is such a huge milestone!!!

Dr. Grumbles said...

Congrats on making it this far and on having a girl!

Andressa said...

Well, I have "bad" news for you: the worrying has only just begun, dear! It is normal, totally normal, to freak out over this. I would too. I am here sending good vibes that this cyst goes away.
I am so happy that you've reached the 20th week mark. It is such a milestone! Can't wait to find out her name!

ultimatejourney said...

Isn't it crazy to reach a point in the pregnancy where you can no longer avoid the practical aspects of the impending arrival?

I hope your cyst goes away. I have an u/s next week to check my fluid levels, and I'll definitely be asking them to have a peek at the brain to double check on things.