Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Update on my baby girl

Today I had another appointment. I was not expecting to have a scan done today, but the doc got confused (she though that she saw me 4 weeks ago instead of 2 weeks) and as soon as she got in the room, she asked me : did you have your sono yet? Of course I did not remind her of the small detail that sono was scheduled for the first week of Jan LOL!. So , I got the pleasure to see baby girl again. The cyst was still there, but much smaller! went from 0.9 cm to less than 0.4 cm... SO , it is good news that in 2 weeks it went down more than 50%. Baby looked good , she was actually moving this time. The measurements were good, including the long bone (femur). Heart, kidneys, tummy and everything else looked good. The only thing that got me worried is that her hands were closed, I read somewhere that it maybe a bad sign for trisomy 18. On the other hand nurse said that most babies have their little hands closed. I drove the radiologist crazy with so many questions, she said I as the worse she has ever had! I guess she prefers the naive moms that have no idea about soft markers for chromosomal disorders. To be honest, I wish I did not have to know...
Anyway, since the cyst is still here my doc requested a level 2 sono to be done next Jan 7. This sono was such nice Xmas gift!!! My doc said I tricked her... LOL I am very happy that the cyst is getting smaller and that we will do the level 2 sono to hopefully give me complete confidence that she is okay.

8 comments:

Aurelia said...

Cibele,

I think it's going to be okay, there are lots things they would see for a baby w/T18 already and if they were really worried, they'd never let you leave the office.

I'm betting the next US will be really really great.

Anonymous said...

What great news, Cibele!

AwkwardMoments said...

exciting stuff! all great news

Kate said...

Yay! I'm glad everything looked better.

Dr. Grumbles said...

There's nothing more dreaded by a doc than an educated patient!

ultimatejourney said...

I'm glad the cyst is going away. They would've told you if they saw other soft markers. I bet the next u/s will be even better!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me! I agree with Aurelia, if they cant see it now they never will. Happy holidays to you and a great new year!

XXX

lifelemons said...

I know it is very hard, but try not to worry about the cyst! I am 28 weeks pregnant and my baby had a cyst at the first ultrasound (in October), by the second ultrasound (about a months time) it was gone.

I hope that this happens to you as well. I too cried many a nights about it.

I will keep you in my thoughts!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choroid_plexus_cyst