Tuesday, December 04, 2007

This should be a happy moment

I would be lying if I say that I am not nervous about the Choroid Plexus cyst (cpc)they found on my baby's head. To be honest I am freaking out... I cried and cried. I was so ready to be set free and finally take a deep breath and enjoy my pregnancy. Now this, I have to wait 4 more weeks to know how baby is progressing anf if the cyst goes way . I've been reading like crazy and the odds are very good that is no big deal since there were no other markers and my risk for Trisomy 18 and down syndrome cabe back as 1:5000 (which I was told is very good). I felt like crying all day long at work , I cant concentrate... I told only my mom and a good friend about this, people think that we are not too excited about having a baby girl (Dh really wanted a boy) which is not true. WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!!! we just want her to be healthy. Please baby, be healthy
She (we don't have a name picked out yet) is moving much more now, I feel little kicks here and there. However, in the 2 scans I've had this far she was not moving much. I hear everybody saying how much their babies were moving, all the funny tricks and stuff during sonos... with me she was sleeping all the time, we tried to wake her up and she just kicked. Now with his I am worried that she is not as active as she should be...could this be related with the presence of he cyst?? OMG, when will this end ???? When will I be able to just let it go??? I am ready for a happy ending ... I am ready to be free!
This should be the happiest time of my life!

15 comments:

Fairuce said...

Oh, querida...
Eu venho aqui todo dia ter noticia sua... estou orando tanto pra vc e sua baby girl estarem bem!!! Tenho fé em Deus nosso Pai, vc vai ver vai dar tudo certo... vc sonhou tanto com isso... é o melhor momento de sua vida. Converse muito com sua bebe, e sinta tudo o que uma gravida tem direito viu??
Estou orando por vcs duas...
Beijo grande...

Jackie said...

Cibele-I wanted to let you know that my baby barely moved at all during our ultrasounds-despite much prodding on the part of the technician. I don't think movement or lack thereof should be too much of a concern. Of course, you will worry anyway for the next 4 weeks, but I just wanted to let you know...take care, sweetie!

M said...

Maddy had dilated kidneys which was also a soft marker for DS and our odds came back great as well. Not a day went by that I didn't worry though. I had to do kick counts every day to make sure she was moving enough. She is as healthy as can be. I won't tell you not to worry, because it's impossible.

Shelby said...

Mine doesn't move much during ultrasounds either. A little something here and there, but for the most part, they have to make me cough, or roll over on my side to get the images they want. Hopefully she's just sleeping!
I'll be sending lots of good thoughts over the next 4 weeks. Good luck making the time pass quickly.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Take care-I'm thinking of you!

AwkwardMoments said...

i am thinking of you hun!

BigP's Heather said...

I think the moving during exams is just one of those things...if they do move a lot - people talk about it, if they aren't moving - then people don't talk about it because it wasn't something that was noteworthy...but that doesn't mean it is something to worry about necessarily.

I know you are worried, Sweetie. I wish this time could be something you could just enjoy with no more worries. You deserve an easy pregnancy. I hope everything gets better, the cyst disappears and you get your healthy, happy, little baby girl.

Sarah said...

i'm hoping your perfect little girl is just practicing sleeping all the time for when she comes out! seriously, not moving during the u/s is nothing to worry about. its so random when they will move at this point. sorry you have this to worry about.

Cajun Cutie said...

i am wishing you all the best. May your strength and love carry you through.

Changing Expectations said...

I am thinking about you so much Cibele. Praying that all is well with you and your beautiful little girl. I know that the waiting is tough, hang in there.

Bea said...

I know - unless the appointment goes perfectly, it's panic stations. I've tried, tried, tried to get everything in perspective, but it's a constant struggle after every piece of less-than-perfect news. Good luck for the next four weeks - it sounds like everything should turn out just fine, and I hope it does.

Bea

Delenn said...

I am hopeful that everything is fine. It really does sound like the doctors are just being cautious.

Not only are we close in due dates--but girl too!?!? Wow!

As for movement, its kinda too early to worry about that. Sometimes they just like to sleep a lot. Mine moved around a lot for the U/S, but this week, barely moving around in there...

I will keep everything crossed for you!

Loren said...

It's hard for me to say not to worry, since I know I would be a nervous wreck! But odds are on your side. I'm sure your little princess will be just fine...my thoughts are with you as you wait...
ah, the waiting! But all signs point to her being perfectly healthy~ enjoy that!

[aLLy] said...

Do not fret my pregnancy was full of ups and downs mostly downs and many sleepless nights. My daughter was born with a blocked kidney and I have been to countless doctors appointments to get her medical treatment. Things will look up for you. you are truly blessed with a wonderful miracle and god only gives us what we can handle.
=]
You and your lil bundle of joy are in my prayers

junglemama said...

Wish you and your little one the best. :)