Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New year

First of all I would like to thank you all for the kind words of support for my family and I. We really appreciate it. We are all doing fine considering the circumstances. It is just to sad to lose the patriarch of our family. He will be greatly missed.

Even though the year is ending in a sad note I can’t deny that I still have lots to be happy about. This was a year of great milestones:
- I was blessed with a BFP in August following almost 3 years of waiting That in itself is the biggest blessing I could have asked for. Even though I have many scares, my pregnancy is progressing well and I am enjoying every single minute of it. I pray that my next scan on the 7th can confirm that indeed my baby girl is fine and I can just concentrate 100% on getting ready for her arrival April 2008
- I also finished my PhD. After 5 years of pharmacy school,1 year of English and 4 more years of graduate school. I am done !!!!!!!!!
- I started my first job as a post doc
- Dh was promoted at his job and now is the producer of special events and sound engineer of a big church (12,000 members) in town. I am so proud of him. He loves music and this job is a great fit for his musical and computer skills.
- My Niece A was born last September. She is now 3 months old! Niece S turned 2 and Nephew C is almost 7. Love you guys
- My sister celebrated her first wedding anniversary after losing her first husband almost 4 years ago in a tragic accident only 10 month after she got married. So this 1 year celebration was extra special and she is very happy with her new husband . Love you and miss you baby sister
- My baby brother got into law school! Congratulations, we are very proud of you
- Even though I lost my grandfather , I still have 3 of my grandparents alive, and I feel very privileged to still have them with me. Mom and dad are still young and healthy. I miss them greatly
- I met many special women through my blog and made good friends through the Braces Bunch. Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!
- My marriage is still going strong after almost 7 years. I love you hobby, it still feels like the first kiss every time!!!
And the list goes on and on… I have so much to be thankful for!

Happy new year to all fo you! I am hoping and praying for many BFP and many cute healthy babies to be born and adopted this year!

Hugs and thanks again for all your support

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Cibele!

Alison said...

What a wonderful list! Happy New Year!

Changing Expectations said...

Happy New Year - I love your list. May 2008 be the best year ever!

Fairuce said...

Happy new year honey!!

Espero que ess ano seja infinitamente melhor qu 2007... que sua baby venha com muita saúde!!

Beijo grande

N7 said...

Happy new year! You did have a great 2007 and I hope 2008 brings you as much joy, good health, and success! I know its a difficult start for you because of your loss, but this loss has also allowed you to reflect on what and who you do have in your life. There can be positivity in everything. Wishing you strength, healing and an wonderful year to come!

Dr. Grumbles said...

You accomplished quite a bit this year! Wishing you a great 2008!

lisalou said...

What a wonderful year...all the best in 2008

hope548 said...

Happy new year. I'm sorry about your grandfather!

Baby Blues said...

We do have a lot to be thankful for. Happy New Year Cibele!

Nicole said...

Happy New Year to you my friend.