Saturday, December 15, 2007

Daddy's little girl

My husband grew up with only boys, 2 brothers , several guy cousins... so he always said he wanted a boy. Fast forward to the day of our scan, the radiologist says: ITS A GIRL... he was in shock! he was so scared, afraid that he would not know how to be father of a girl. How I am going to take care of such precious little thing??? What if I can;t relate with her? . Not that he was not happy, but he was just plain scared... Fast forward to 3 days ago and for my surprise he gets home with bags of pink stuff for his new baby girl. Yes, he went shopping, by himself and bought all the pink stuff he could get his hands on... so sweet! He now says all the time: how are my girls doing??? I love when he says that, I love see him getting excited about having a baby girl as if he had never wanted a boy before... I am sure that he will be a great father of our little girl!





7 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

WAY to go HUBSTER!! That already makes him a great dad in my book! *wait til he has to go shoping for prom dresses and tampons*

ultimatejourney said...

OMG, that is beyond adorable! What a sweet guy!

Kate said...

That is just so sweet!!

Dr. Grumbles said...

If he is anything like my brother, he will LOVE pampering his little princess!

Nicole said...

Wow, that's a lot of pink! So cute that your husband found the good in pink.

Queila said...

Shopping for a little girl is a lot of fun. It is very hard to resist all the beautiful stuff out there. I guess your husband already found that out. :) It is very sweet of him. :)

Q

Courtney said...

What a great surprise! Your little one will look so adorable in all of her new outfits. :)