In one week from today I'll see my doc, but u/s just in 3 weeks. How am I going to survive??? I am losing it. I don't tell anybody about my fears and I am trying to keep an external appearance that everything is well. Everybody asked about the scan, I just say that everything is OK (hopefully it is, i needs to be) and the scan was just fine. I told 2-3 people and the look in their face when I say "a cyst in the brain" (sounds much worse than it is) makes me even more horrified. I have no energy to explain everything, so I just decided not to tell.
My grandfather is still very very sick and my family is heartbroke. I feel as if I am holding my breath trying to reach the surface... I ma scared of running out air!
Here is a picture of my huge belly that I took in a Xmas party last weekend ... I can't believe how fast it grows.
the weather here is crazy... we had a very bad ice storm and we lost power for an entire day
15 comments:
Hang in there .. I am praying for good resulkts for both of us!
I am thinking and praying so much for you and your baby. Hang in there.
Congrats! You look radiant! :)
Hang in there - you look great!
Cibele
Que barriga linda!!!
Bjs, Debby
You're right - cyst in the brain sounds terrible. Definitely keep refraining from saying it out loud. The reality isn't that alarming. Hang in there til the next appointment. Count the days.
Bea
I am praying for you, the baby and your whole family. Btw, you look very cute!!
Vc está linda, sua barriga está linda, e sua bebe tambem será linda!!!
Estou rezando por ti querida... Nao fique lendo mesmo sobre esses assuntos, nao sofra antecipada e desnecessariamente. Liga teu pensamento com o Senhor. Só Ele nos conhece e nos guarda. Procura ficar calma (eu sei que é difícil...) e passa boas energias pra sua baby girl. Vai dar tudo certo, esse cisto chato VAI SUMIR!!
Fique bem, estamos orando viu??
DEUS FAZ O MELHOR SEMRE!!!
Mil beijos
I love the dress! Where did you get it? I'm looking for a dress for the holiday parties and a wedding.
I had the same diagnosis at 19 weeks (I'm currently 28 weeks). Even though they called the CPC a "finding" and not a "problem," it sent me into a tailspin. What I found so maddening about the information was that there was nothing I could do with it. The chances of the baby having Trisomy 18 were so much smaller than the risk of miscarriage due to amnio, and yet the cyst meant that there *might* be a problem. Like you, I googled the hell out of "CPC." Gradually I became reassured, and I don't worry so much about it (I've now got complete placenta previa to contend with). We decided to get another ultrasound, not to check for the cyst's resolution (they say that even if the cyst resolves, the risk doesn't go away) but to check very carefully the baby's heart, feet and hands, since T18 babies often have problems in these areas.
I think that the farther along you get the better you'll feel. I know it's impossible not to worry--I was having serious bouts of anxiety when I found out. But your AFP results are excellent, which make your chances of T18 extremely low. And as long as the baby continues to grow appropriately and doesn't have any other issues (many of which would have shown up on the 20 week ultrasound), I think you can be reasonably sure that she is healthy. I read somewhere that an isolated CPC makes the general risk for t18 something like 1 in 300, which is like .33%, a very small percentage, and that doesn't even take into account your particular AFP results.
But anyway, you probably already know all this. I just wanted to say I know what you're going through, and wish you the best.
Your picture looks great! Hang in there, girl!
Oh you look positively gorgeous darling! I will be keeping you in my thoughts, my friend.
I am still hoping all is well and I can't help but point out that next year will be your daughter's first Christmas.
THinking of you often, Cibele.
It sounds like acf has some great information! I hope these next few weeks fly by so that you can get to your next ultrasound. Hang in there Cibele!!! I'm sending a lot of positive energy in your direction.
Post a Comment