Saturday, December 29, 2007

Good bye Grandpa



I've always took proud on saying that I still had all my grandparents. Today however, I can,t no longer say this. After over 2 months in the hospital my Grandfather passed today at the age of 81 from a heart attack due to the asthma and pneumonia complications. I am deeply sad and all I wanted was to be in Brazil right now with my family. It is so difficult to be far way
He was an amazing man and left behind many loved ones: His wife (Grandmother- 78 years old), 8 daughters , 4 sons, 32 grandchildren ( I am the oldest), and nine great grandchildren (counting with my baby girl), countless friends and other family members. We will all going to miss him immensely
I'll make sure that my little one hears about him, about the greatest memories I have of him... LOVE YOU GRANDFATHER

Please keep my family on your thoughts and prayers

18 comments:

Fairuce said...

Sei o que sente, my dear. Meus avós tbem foram como pais pra mim... meu avo foi minha primeira figura de pai (minha mae foi mae solteira, só fui ter um pai de verdade já adolescente)e ele tem 85 anos tbm. Minha vózinha já se foi faz tempo... mas sofri muito pe tbem nao me despedi dela, foi um derrame fulminante eu estava a kilometros de distancia... enfim... imagino o qto esta sofrendo. Que Deus nosso Pai possa confortar a vc e sua familia; e tenha certeza, seu avozinho esta nos braços do Senhor.
Força e
Beijo grande.

Shelby said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I'm thinking of you and your family, and sending lots of hugs!

Alyssa said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss. It's so difficult to lose a grandparent. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. May God shelter you in the palm of his hand.

M said...

Hugs sweetie. It is so hard to lose a loved one. You and your family are in my prayers.

BigP's Heather said...

I'm so sorry. Of course you will be in my thoughts.

Delenn said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Cibele, I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

ultimatejourney said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be thinking of you.

AwkwardMoments said...

Cibele- Your family are in my thoughts

N7 said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss-I'm sending you hugs and hope for a positive new year for you and your family. Stay strong and be well.
Hugs & Prayers to you all

Bea said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, and your family's loss. It's hard being so far away at a time like this.

Bea

Nicole said...

You are all in my thoughts. And I am so very sorry for your loss.

sara said...

I'm so sorry for your loss..you're in my thoughts.

Aurelia said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Cibele. This is truly sad.

Kelly Hutcheson said...

I'm so sorry for your loss!!!

LJ said...

I am so sorry, I just lost my granny, and I know how hard it is. My thoughts and love are with you.

Dr. Grumbles said...

I am sorry for your loss.

Jackie said...

I am sorry for your loss, you and your family are in my thoughts.