Since I have to work and I could only take 4 weeks of maternity leave and my mom had to go back to Brazil earlier than e expected, my husband took paternity leave for 2 weeks. That is a big deal in so many ways… first it still amazes me that is my life, that I have a baby. After waiting for her for so long, it seems still unreal that we are parents. Second, before Lyla DH did not know even how to hold a baby… now he is taking care of her full time!!!!!! I left home today and they were both sleeping and I felt a little jealous that I was not the one staying. On the other hand it will be great for them to spend this time bonding and getting to know each other better. The fun already begun, today he changed his first poppy diaper ever! He was gagging so badly when he talked with me on the phone while changing her and I was laughing so hard… juts priceless. He called me to ask if a green poop is okay or she is sick ! LOL. He is so gentle with her and I pretty sure I lost the spot the number one girl on his life. Tomorrow he will bring her to my work during lunch time and Thursday he will take her to her 2 month appointment … I am sure that he will do so great. We are both learning how to be Lyla’s parents, and for that I am forever grateful … one year ago I could never see this coming, it seemed like a impossible dream, and now here we are. God is good! I pray that all of you can be given this opportunity
I am really enjoying the many comments from Nacomleavmo and I am enjoying even more getting to know so many different blog sisters!!
22 comments:
That's wonderful that your husband gets to take care of Lyla for a while!
Isn't it wonderful to see your husband transformed into a father? Mine wasn't around (he's in the military) for our first. I hope I'll get a chance for him to be home more if we have another.
Congrats on a beautiful girl!
(from NCLM)
your dh gets points!
I'm so glad your DH gets to stay home and take care of her full-time - a great bonding experience, as well as a great learning experience!
I'm loving NaComLeavMo too and that's what bring me here. Your daughter looks beautiful and what a wonderful thing that your husband gets to spend so much early time with his little girl. :)
Hey, here from NaComLeavMo!
LOL @ your diaper changing story. We have an 11 week old, and my hubby had never changed a diaper before her either. Every time she has a dirty one, he says, "OH! There's...so...much!!!" LOL!
Hehe... Dad will be competent in no time.
Bea
I have to giggle at the thought of your husband changing his first poopy diaper. My husband has never changed a diaper, let alone a poopy one so he is in for some new adventures. Good thing guys are highly adaptable,huh?
That is truly wonderful that your husband was able to take paternity leave, and have the time to bond with Lyla!
She and he are both very lucky to have this time together!
(Here from NCLM)
I find it wonderful how are husbands step up to the plate for childcare!
Wonderful pictures, btw.
She is gorgeous. I think for me, one of the most rewarding parts of being a parent is to watch the relationship develop between a dad and his daughter.
Congratulations on your baby! :)
(From NCLM)
Congratulation on your sweet little one. She is BEAUTIFUL!
Yay for such a sweet hubby too!
Visiting from NaComLeavMo.
Glad I found you and nice to meet you!
~Jodi
While I haven't seen my husband holding our very own (since they're still under construction), I have seen him hold my neice when she was just a few days old. Seeing the tenderness in his entire being made me love him in a way I'd never realize.
Hilarious with the poopy diaper! Guys crack me up!!!
NaComLeavMo
It's so good for dh's to get a chance to take care of baby. My dh is home with the kids three days a week. Congrats on your beautiful girl! (NCLM)
What a great daddy! Lyla is gorgeous - that is one of my favorite baby names (spelled Lilah on our list). Here via NaComLeavMo - thanks for the inspiration of a post IF success story!
That's just gorgeous. I'm sure this is going to be remembered as a special time for both of them for a long time to come.
Visiting from NCLM. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Your daughter is beautiful! That's so cute about the diaper changing experience. He'll be a pro in no time. :)
I think its hysterical that bit tough men are reduced to fits of gagging by a little baby poo!
So glad to hear that you've made it through to the other side of IF.
over from NCLM...how sweet! There's something about a Daddy and his girl--love it!
I'm sorry to hear that you had so little maternity leave, but that's great that your husband is getting some one-on-one time with your daughter. Congratulations--it sounds like she was worth the wait!
Isn't it wonderful to see a husband become a dad?! After 5 yrs staying home with my son, I went back to work and my DH started staying home (due to an injury). He's gotten to pick our son up from school, take him to the dr, and spend lots of time just the two of them. It's been a big change for all of us, but I think it's worth it for DH and our son. :)
Post a Comment