Dear Baby
Marry Christmas! That was the best Christmas that I ever had because you are here with us. I’ve waited for this for so so long. I remember last year during this time, I felt so empty and sad and now here I am filled with happiness because of you. Feeling you moving is just phenomenal and I could not have asked for a better gift. But I have to confess something, happiness and joy are not the only things on my heart these days. I am filled with fear and worry. I worry about you all the time, so much so that is becoming unbearable. From day one, actually even before you came to be, I worried about you. I first worried if I would be ever able to conceive... I waited for almost 3 years and than came the 2 lines and I worried about the beta values…. After that came symptom watch, they came and went and I wondered if you were really here, if the pregnancy was progressing well. One happy morning.. "There it is, a heartbeat (127 bpm") said the doctor. Really doctor, really? I replied amazed by what I saw and heard. Daddy and I were so happy and thankful. What a relief! Even though now I knew that you were here, the joy did not last long, because I worried if you were growing and developing properly… I was afraid to lose you like our first baby. Morning sickness, hungry and sleepy all the time, heartburn, you name it, I had it all and I loved it every minute of it!!! except for the UTI at 9 weeks(not fun). I counted the days to 12 weeks, they say that I would feel safer after that. However, before the 12 weeks came I saw the blood… OMG, my worries just multiplied a 1000 fold. I ran to the doctor’s office to find out that you were okay (thank God!). What a scare, what a relief! I rested for a few days and the counting down to 12 weeks continued. 12 WEEKS, 2nd trimester, YAY!!!!!! Wait a minute, I am still worrying. What’s now mom? You might ask…. Why am I not showing yet? why my symptoms went way? a few weeks after that I finally popped. I definitely looked pregnancy at 16 weeks and I loved it. Now I can breathe and enjoy the ride right? In a few weeks I would know if you were a boy or a girl. Before that I waited to feel you move for the first time, and it happened at 16 weeks, YAY! But why don’t I feel you all the time??? Is it suppose to feel like kicks yet? Sometimes I stood still for minutes trying to feel you, and when it happened I could not happen and just giggle and thank God for you. 19 weeks, IT’S a GIRL! Our girl…our precious little girl. The sonogram showed us something else as well. I little cyst on your head! My heart dropped to the floor . Everything else looked good , but that little cyst took my peace way. I want to enjoy this experience , I promise baby but I am still worrying . Dr. goggle says that the odds are good , a second sono 2 weeks after showed that the cyst is smaller and that you’re still growing and moving as you should. Christmas time, what I joy! . An unexpected Christmas gift put me on my toes again. UTI, cystitis, traces of blood and sugar in my urine, pain … I called my doctor several times, I even went to see the Midwife on Christmas even. I demanded to be checked, I want to hear and make sure that your little house is closed. UTI it is, so it looks, off I went back home with my little pills. Now, it will be fine right? I have some magic pills that makes me pee orange and makes my pain go way. Now I am worrying about something else. I know that is TMI but I have to vent , one day you will understand me. You’re a girl, right? After my pelvic exam I starting having some clear mucous discharge, can it be that I am going in pre –term labor? that this my mucous plug? Please baby, please stay there, it is too soon, it is too soon. I have no pain, just that thick mucous discharge. I am sick and worried again , like a dark cloud above my head that follows me every where , even though I pretend that it is not there. Tomorrow I’ll call doctor again, and they make me feel like I am a paranoiac first time mom, just worrying for nothing because I am clueless. Little do they know that my problem is the opposite, I know too much. I wish I didn’t , I wish that I could let it go and focus on you, only you… my dearest daughter. I feel like a nut, the doctors and nurses certainly make me feel like one because I cant stop worrying , asking, searching , wondering…after all it is in my nature to do all these things. However, now is different because I feel that I am fighting for you, and if there is anything that I can do to protect you , I will, I promise that I will.On the other hand , I bet that this will never end, I will always worry about you, because you and your dad are the most precious things in my life, and losing you is not a option anymore… I will lose myself if this happens. Stay here, be healthy and I promise that I will do all in my power to always protect you . I don’t know if I will always be successful, but be sure that I will try!
Please know that I not only worry , but I also pray, pray to God protect you, because He, on the other hand, never fails!
Love you
Your mom
7 comments:
so sorry you are plagued with fear and worry! i am glad to hear that through this, you are enjoying christmas!
Such a beautiful letter and I know that she will read it some day.
Oh, I hope everything turns out to be alright. The beginning of this letter is so beautiful that you will have to add to it to let her know what happened.
I don't think you'll ever stop worrying.
If it helps, I've been noticing more discharge lately as well. It's had me worried in a similar way, but I suspect it's just the ever-increasing hormones making things a little gooey-er.
Do call your doctor whenever you need advice, though. Don't spend another second worrying about what they think of you. You've got enough things to keep your worry-centre occupied, other than that.
Bea
This letter is so bittersweet. I know that she will read this one day and you two will laugh over it. I know I would be worrying just as much as you, but I wish I could say something encouraging! I think your little princess will be just fine. Beautiful, healthy, and worth every worry.
Ai Ci... quase chorei aqui.... que cartinha linda!!!
Sua filha certamente terá muito orgulho da maezona que ela tem... vai passar querida... tudo isso vai passar e sua baby girl será a mais amada e linda bebe do mundo!!!
Mery Xmas pra vcs!!
Beijos
Post a Comment