Lyla is one month old , I can’t believe. She is doing great: she is taking formula well (I am still breastfeeding, but supplementing due to short supply). She is now 8lbs 14oz – 50% (up from 6 lb 11oz two weeks ago) and 20 inches 15% (up from 17 1/5” at birth) . Doc was really pleased with her progress. We now just have to work on her sleeping skills. She is still sleeping more during the day and awake during the night. It is exhausting!!! During the first weeks I did not feel as much the sleep deprivation. My mom would let me sleep in the morning form 5 am to 11 am (how awesome is that?) . Now that I am back to work I don’t have that and the lack of sleep is taking a tool on me. I had a terrible week at work, first I am so tired and I can’t concentrate, second I miss my baby so much it hurts, third, by boss is being a really pain in the a$$ (more on that later). I actually like working and I would love do it part time and spent more time with my baby…. But right now I feel that I went back to soon, I am not ready. Unfortunately I had no option. At least I have the peace of mind that she is with my mom
I also saw my doc yesterday, everything looks well and I can resume my normal life including S.E.X (Dh was very happy to hear that). We also decided that I will start birth control next Sunday (how weird is that??? ). I still have 5 pounds left to reach my prep pregnancy weight and at least 20 pounds to reach an ideal weight. I have to stop eating like a pregnant woman and try to get in shape.
Lyla has an appoint with ortho May 15th for her hip u/s. Hopefully all will be fine. Here is a pic from yesterday celebration. We had some ice cream cake to celebrate Lyla’s first month!!!!

Thank God tomorrow is Friday... what a week!!!!!!!
6 comments:
Hope the appt goes well! Happy 1 month Birthday Lyla!
Happy 1 month birthday! I hope your appointment goes well and that work smooths out followed by some nice naps!
Congratulations on a full month! You're doing a great job!
my heart is broken for you that you had to go back to work and that it was a stinky week. Your boss should lay off you and let you have a month of adapting before being such a pain!!! I know its a necessary part of life but it does stink and I'm sorry :(
Happy 1 month birthday Lyla! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT????? OMG THAT IS INSANE!!! Hopefully she begins to reverse her schedule and sleep at NIGHT and not so much in the day! lol! Unless she just wants to be up when you're home :)
Glad to hear everything is doing well though- Happy S.E.X to you!
Wow! A month already!? Congrats guys!!
Congrats on 1 month old! How cute! Sorry that you had to go back to work so quickly--glad your mother is there for you.
Post a Comment