UPDATE
my mom is here, my mom is here... yay!!!!!! THANK GOD . I HAVENT SEEM HER, dh went to pick her ut at the airport. I am going today for a ninstress test again, just too see how Lyla is handling the contractions. Hopefully I will be sent home for some more incubation time
============================================================
I am trying to hold on but the contractions are getting stronger, more yucky stuff came out of me today... Just a few more hours and I'll be officially 36 weeks and my mom will be here early in the morning. Today it was really hard, the feeling is that I am being hugged by a big bear... I was taking the medication as needed but I started taking it regularly now (every 6 hours). My friends showed up today again and they managed to get it all done (except for minor details that I can deal with later. My friend L even vacuum the house. Some other brought us dinner and my friend M got the bed ready for my mom and did some more laundry for the baby... I am truly blessed to have the friends that I have
Tonight I really thought that was going to happen. I got really upset after finding out that Delta had canceled some of her flights. My mom speaks no English at all, the thought of her in Atlanta all by herself terrifies me. I called the airline and made sure that they could provide some Portuguese speaking person to help her and also to contact me if the flight is canceled. I get no nervous thinking of her traveling by herself. I started contracting really hard, 10 min apart. Called the emergency line again and the doc on call was my least favorite doc on the group. Every time I talk to her she seems to have no freaking idea what she is talking about. She said: we don't really want to deliver you now because is too early, but it is your call if you want to go to the hospital now... what the hell
I had a talk with Lyla and explained to her that we don’t want that doc taking care of us... Thank God the medication kicked in and the contractions stopped (not completely).
I feel that I am watching somebody else's life through a glass window. It is so surreal. I felt a little sad today that the experience is getting to an end but got really excited about the new phase o come: mommyhood!!!
Please God, let my baby be healthy, that is all I need, the only thing I need
I’ll try to get some rest now
11 comments:
I just wanted to respond about turning the baby. It does work really well most of the time (a bit more than 50%) and at least then you have a chance at a vaginal birth. Could you transfer hospital after you get it done if you go into labor? I hope you manage to get lots of rest and your mom arrives in time. Just trust...it will all work out.
Julie
Praying and hoping everything goes just the way you want!! xoxo
I'm just holding out for one more day for you! Well, just one more day for now, anyway.
Bea
Hang in there! It is totally surreal and wonderful and scary. Just keep hanging in there...every day is a victory.
I hope your mom gets there safely. (My mom is disabled, so I can understand your fears about her traveling alone. The good news is the airlines are usually pretty good--once you alert them to the issues).
WISHING YOU ALL OF THE BEST AND A HAPPY HEALTHY DELIVERY
thinking of you! hang in there
Sua mae chegou bem????
Exciting stuff!
I'm glad your mom made it alright.
I am glad your mom has arrived! I'm hoping for a happy and healthy delivery and baby! You take care!
Praise the Lord for moms and good friends.
Hope Lyla waits a little longer but also can't wait to see pics of your sweet little blessing!
Amy
dancingwithinfertility.blogspot.com
Good luck!! I hope that Lyla chooses to incubate a bit longer.....
XOXO
Post a Comment