Wednesday, March 12, 2008

random

Hi ladies
I can’t believe that I am almost 34 weeks. In the past week I’ve been living in fear after Natalie’s news. I know it is not about me, it is about her pain and sorrow but I must confess that it hit to close o home this time, and I can’t help but fear for my little one as well. I’ve been doing kick counts and worrying… It is out of my hands but I worry nonetheless..
I don’t even know her; I’ve read her blog a few times, but I feel so bad for her. I’ve cried so many tears thinking about her and her husband. I am so so sorry.

It is getting warmer her and as a result I am swelling like a balloon. My feet hurt so much, I need new comfy shoes. It is becoming hard to work long hours, I am so big. All I want is to stay home some days with my feet up. I know I have to work, I only wish that I could work less hours. There is so much pressure in my lab. Boss wants me to write a paper, but I am having a hard time concentrating. All that is in my mind nowadays is: baby, baby, baby!!!!!!!!!!
I also need time to get things ready. DH has been working hard to empty the room. But he has so much stuff and there is no where to go. It is crazy in our house, looks like we are moving. There are boxes everywhere, drums everywhere, baby stuff everywhere. We will rent a small storage space to put his drums and music stuff. I am so anxious that I wake up everyday in the middle of the night and I can’t sleep.

**************************************
This week I got the bedding, it is so cute!!!!!! I am in love with it. I can’t wait to set up everything. It is about time!!!! We also have to go get the furniture that our friend gave to us. The crib is here, so is the stroller, swing and everything else all generous gifts from family and friends). I am so humble by people’s generosity and love! I really appreciate it.

******************************************************
Today I also had a doc’s appt. I gained 3 more pounds (21 total). Blood pressure very was great, Baby sounded great and was heads down when I was examined. I express one more time concern with movement and I was sent again for a biophysical. I was waiting and I could feel her turning back to her favorite position: breached. By the time I get to do the sono, there she was , heads up, bottom down!!!! I hope that she turns heads down once for all. She pass he test (Thank God) with 8 out of 8 points. I also had my blood drawn. I’ll have to repeat the glucose test because sugar keep showing up on my urine. Dod told me to reduce carb intake and increase protein intake. Tomorrow they will call me with blood sugar results.

********************************************
Tomorrow I also have the preadmission visit to the hospital. And this coming weekend , I’ll have my 4th and last baby shower. I can’t believe that I had that many showers, I guess I know too many people. I’ve written almost all my thank you notes by now. I want to be done before baby comes

Did I tell you that DH’s friends (guys) are throwing him what they call a man’s shower!!!! They are going to go to a winery 2 hours way and stay overnight (5 of them) and maybe try to get DH drunk (he does not drink). SO fuuny, Dh is super excited. I can only imagine what kind of gifts they are going to give him!
****************************
thanks for checking on me....

9 comments:

N7 said...

ITS COMING!!! I can't believe you are 34 weeks! THIS IS INSANE! lol!!! I mean how time is flying by :)
By the way the bedding is ADORABLE! I cannot wait to see what this little girl looks like that will be occupying this crib!
Sorry about the swelling and just being uncomfortable. There's not much longer to go but it will feel like an eternity considering how poopie you feel. Stay positive and stop waking up with anxiety! Get some sleep sister- your body needs it...it's the only time you don't feel pain or uncomfy :)

AwkwardMoments said...

Look at all those really cute gifts! You sound all set!! 4 showers HOLY COW, I am slightly jealous. I wish i was brave enough to have 4 showers- I am proud of you!

Yuck about the warmer weather and swelling. I am worried aboutthat for me living in such a warm, humid climate.

Hang in there - you are almost to the finish line

Delenn said...

Everything looks so cute! Yep, 34 weeks already!! Wow. It seems like its going so fast (an yet so SLOW!)

Don’t do any heavy lifting to move all your stuff around!!

Wow, I’ll be lucky to have one shower—let alone FOUR!! Lucky lucky girls!

Happy 34, Cibele—I’m right behind ya!!

Misty said...

That's the same swing we got for baby!!! I got the matching pack n play too. Are you going to get that? It's really neat, it vibrates and plays music. Good luck! You are one week behind me and I started getting REALLY uncomfortable this week - week 35.

hope548 said...

Sounds like you are doing great! How lucky with all the baby showers. I hope you find room for it all!
Take care.

Dr. Grumbles said...

I have noticed quite a few 3rd trimester bloggers have reported increased fears after reading about Natalie. So scary and sad.

Great bedding!

Bea said...

I love the idea of a man-shower!

Bea

Alison said...

I can't believe she is almost here!

judy said...

Everything is going well for you. Try to enjoy these last few weeks.