Tuesday, March 25, 2008

hello from home

Hi guys
I was discharged last night after been given some medication to stop the contractions. My cervix is almost gone but thank goodness I stopped at 1 cm of dilatation. I am at home in bed rest but still feeling some contractions. I'll go back tomorrow to see of I am progressing and see what is the plan. My mom is trying to get here as soon as possible. We are trying to anticipate he place ticked for as early as Friday.

I must confess that I am a little sad about the C-section , but it is what it is and what matters is that she is healthy.
I managed to pack our bags last night, but there is still lots to do. I hate this feeling of not being ready but again is out of my control now.

I slept very well last night. I woke up with the feeling that it was all a dream... unfortunately it isn,t. It is so surreal!! Thank God that 35 weeks is not that early but I would rather wait a little longer.
I'll try to keep you posted

Thanks for the support

10 comments:

Delenn said...

Glad you are home! Bedrest might actually give you another week or so...just do what the doctor says.

And QUIT TRYING TO DO THINGS TO GET READY!!!--if my husband saw me packing my bags after that--he would have KILLED me!!). Nothing has to be ready for the baby except diapers, place for her to sleep, and clothes for her to wear home. Those are all done. Don't worry about anything else but keeping her incubating and yourself healthy and comfortable!

It will all fall in place. And your mom will be there when you need her. :-)

Alison said...

I will be praying for you Cibele!!

Dr. Grumbles said...

Lyla, please get comfortable in there!

Erin said...

How great that you get even another day or two. Every day counts now! Of course things would be fine if the baby came now, but a little more cookin' time can't hurt!

And let me second Delenn. STOP DOING STUFF! And thanks for the reminder to pack my bag now...

AwkwardMoments said...

Sending you hugs!

Caro said...

Glad you're home and have to agree - stop doing stuff.

hope548 said...

Whatever happens, I hope it goes smoothly! Good luck and take care!

hopeful to hateful in 28 days said...

wow- you are so close! i'm looking forward to news of you baby's healthy arrival.

Bea said...

Glad you're home, and just hoping you make it another week or two - that would be just nice. Although you're right, it's not *too* too early, but still would be better to wait. And turn around!

Bea

Jackie said...

Cibele, I am thinking of you and totally understand your disappointment with the c-section. I hope you can hang on a bit longer and will be able to hold your little one when she is ready!