Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Can I get a break?

Poor baby is still sick. She has been having high temp and a hard time breathing. The medicine that she is taking for the breathing issue is not helping (I had to pay U$70 for the breathing mask, can you believe it??) She is not herself, not eating, not sleeping because of the cough and all she wants is to stay with me. I missed work yesterday and today she is with her father who has no clue what he is doing. I will leave early and take her to the doc again, I must get a frequent mile from there, 3 times in 2 weeks. They will re test her for RSV and re check her ears. The day lady can't take her until next week... I seriously have no idea what I am going to do. I haven't slept in 3 nights, this plus all the other crap that is going on in my life is really weighting me down. I have neither energy or concentration to work but I can;t afford not to. I hope Lyla gets better soon , I can deal with anything else, but seing her feel so bad breaks my heart.

#################################
Lyla had 104 temp today at the doc's office. 104!!!!! They gave her motrin and after a while it came down. Monday her ears were clear but today she already has a nasty ear infection, 2 in less than one month, 7 since September. We will put tubes Fev 25th. She will be on antibiotics again, another 10 days. Now that the fever is gone , she seems happier and is playing on the floor. She is not eating at all, not even formula. Hopefully she will start getting better.
I am glad to be home early, I cooked a good dinner for the 2 of us and later we can enjoy American idol

6 comments:

hope548 said...

I'm so sorry your baby is sick and for everything else you are going through. It just plain sucks! You are in my thoughts and I am hoping so much for you to finally get some peace and happiness.

momofonefornow said...

Oh gosh. I hate the out of control feeling that comes when your baby is sick.

I really am available if you need anything. I have school tomorrow but I have all day Friday and I will also be available tomorrow evening.

I can see how this would maybe seem strange since you don't really know me, but I did nanny for 2 years and I have an almost 5 year old son. I would totally watch her if you need me to. I can even give you the phone number for my pastor, his daughter is the little one that I was a nanny for.

Or, can I bring you a meal or sit with her while you take some time for yourself? I just hate the thought of you tackling this all by yourself.

cecisantiago said...

Cibele amiga, que momento difícil vcs estão vivendo. Estou de coração partido. Será que ninguém aqui do Brasil poderia te dar uma mãozinha neste momento, sua mãe...sei lá...até as coisas se acalmarem mais?Como gostaria de poder te ajudar mais!Bjo no coração, Ciça

sara said...

Feel better soon sweatheart! I am saying a little prayer for you right now! ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Poor little thing! I hope she is feeling better soon.

Sarah said...

oh no, i'm so sorry! i wish i had known, i would have gladly sent you our infant inhaler mask. at least it may make you feel better to know you got a better deal than we did - $90!! and then we never really used it, it didn't help at all. my ped explained that these respiratory things tend to hang on a while because once the lining is irritated it takes a while to recover. i really hope she's better soon!!!