Monday, January 19, 2009
Sick baby, stressed mommy
Lyla is sick again. Upper respiratory infection, she is coughing a lot and was running very high fevers. Today I noticed that she was having a hard time breathing. It took her to the doc and it was a very long appt. They test her for a bunch of stuff . Her oxygen levels were not as good as they want. Breathing treatment was like torture, she screamed until she lost her voice. Imagine having to do this for every 6 hours? Doc is afraid she has asthma like me... I am overwhelmed, I don't know what to do about tomorrow, I have to work. My back hurts like crazy from carrying her and her stuff all afternoon long, and I have so much heartburn from the stress. He is still out of town, I am relying on the kindness of my friends. L and W came over and played with Lyla while I went to pick up her medicine. They brought dinner and I new toy for Lyla. I am so thankful for my friends... I hope Lyla feels better soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hang in there! I am seriously in awe of your strength and resilience.
I am so sorry Lyla is sick! I hope she gets better soon! I am glad you do have friends to help you!
I am so sorry Lyla is sick! And that they think she may have asthma. We've been dealing with that since June, so if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me.
I'm so thankful for your friends, too! I hope Lyla is better. We have had a sick boy the last week, and I can't imagine you having to deal with it on your own and work as well. And our boy wasn't even as sick! Fingers crossed for healthy days ahead...
Bea
Post a Comment