Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I should not have told them...

Last week I told my parents and MIL about the BFP. Now I am not so sure if I should have done it. They are so anxious and dying for me to call and say that I feel terribly nauseated , sleepy, hungry....I avoid calling them because the first questions is : how do you feel? feeling pregnant yet? when I say no, I feel the disappointment and worry on their voices. Dh is already super attached to this pregnancy. He talks about the baby all the time, kisses my belly... says how are you doing baby??? .Last Sunday he had to go to work and I said... "I am sorry baby I know you wanted to stay home and relax? , and he said: I want stay home and enjoy my wife and my baby. It sounded so good, so perfect!
I am so afraid to break their hearts again. I've noticed that I am avoiding getting too attached because last time I gave all the a had in me and was left heartbroken. I also know that it part of the scars of dealing with infertility. I know way too much. I got use to disappointment. A Friend of mine is also 5 weeks along, she never dealt with infertility and I envy how casual and stress free the entire process is for her.
Meanwhile I'll keep counting the days: 5w4d today...

10 days until first doc's appointment

10 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

i am thinking of you and wishing away fear and doubt and all those negative thoughts! Best of luck to you

Caro said...

I'm hoping everything goes well for you.

LJ said...

I know this is torturous, I'm sending you good vibes.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I remember when we started telling people I thought for sure the bottom was going to drop out any day. Wishing you all the best!

Courtney said...

Horrible symptoms do not equal better pregnancy. You are pregnant and they just need to leave you alone!

I am hoping that you have 10 days of peace and calm before your doctor's appointment. Can't wait to hear what good news they have for you. :)

OHN said...

One thing you need to remember...nobody, especially the woman, is at "fault" when a pregnancy fails. I actually thought that I had doomed one of my pregnancies because I told too many people. Now when I look back I realize how infertility causes major problems with rational thinking! It's not fair but it is true. I also was in awe of my friends that became pregnant and never gave worry a thought...it all seemed so easy for them and we really didnt understand each others thoughts. You will relax at some point and enjoy your time till that little one is at home with you :)

Ashley said...

I am thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. I hope these next several days fly by.

Dr. Grumbles said...

Sometimes you just have to tell. Don't worry too much about it.

Glad to hear things are still progressing nicely. Don't you wish we could make time pass more quickly, though?

Delenn said...

Hi!

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Its soo cool that we are on the same time table! Good luck!

Queila said...

If it is of any help, I am 30 weeks pregnant and I don't feel pregnant yet. Haven't thrown up once,did not get nauseated, it took me a LONG time to start showing... did not have the least of the symptoms people talk about in the beggining of their pregnancies.

I know it is agonizing though.

I did not have troubles to get pregnant but I remember having to knee down and pray God to help me overcome my negative feelings.

In the beginning the fear of losing what we've never had is bigger than the joy of actually having it. But eventually it went away.

My mother still compares me with every one of her friend's daughters who are pregnant at the same time. My belly is not as big, I haven't gained as much weigh, my doctor hasn't asked the same exams their doctor did...

Sorry to tell you but it will never end.

Really hoping everything goes well with you and your little one. :)

Q