Tuesday, January 22, 2008

6 things about me and other random thoughts

SaraP (http://saras-p.blogspot.com/) tagged everybody that read her post , so here are the rules
The Rules:
1) Link to the person that tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people at the end of your post and link to their blogs.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6) Let the fun begin!

1- I only got my driver’s license when I was 26 years old . I was terrified of driving. One day I said enough and now I can’t imagine how to live without being able to drive
2- When I was a child I suffer of night terror and anxiety… it was terrible, I had the most terrible nightmares . I still remember them today. I had to take some medication and thank got I grew out of it
3- My husband hates that about me: I don’t close the bathroom door when I go pee at home… I know, it is bad, but I always forget it. He says one day I will forget when I have visitors at home…
4- I wear granny panties (even before pregnancy). Oh well, they are not granny panties, more like the Brazilian bikini cut (yes, I still import underwear, mom sends it to me in the regular basis) but I don’t wear thongs , cant stand it. VPL were never too big of a issue in Brazil
5- When I was in high school I dated 2 brothers. Not at the same time… one right after the other LOL
6- Don t invite me for anything Thursday night at 9 pm. That is ER night I a never miss an episode. I’ve been watching ER since the first season, I was in high school. I love it… if my baby was a boy I would have named him LUKA , after my favorite doctor .
I tag Farah (Fertilize me- http://fertilizeme.blogspot.com/), Loren (baby wait- http://niniloren.blogspot.com/) and Gabby (http://vacantwomb.blogspot.com/)

On the pregnancy front things are going okay. I am almost 27 weeks ! I’ve been a little worried about the baby’s movement. Since Friday I’ve noticed that she is moving much less than last week. I try not to worry too much, but I can’t help it. Saturday I was really concerned and called the emergency number from my clinic. The doc advised me to drink coke and do kick counts. She said they don’t start counting until 30 weeks, so I should not worry about the “10 movement per hour rule” just to see if she moves at all. For the first 30 min, for my terror, she stood still. I was crying already, I poked her and nothing. I decided that it was enough that was going to go to the hospital. As I stood up and started getting dressed she woke up, jumping , kicking .. Thank God. She is still not that active, I think she moved from being in a breached position (where I could feel her much more) to being side ways and she is maybe kicking my placenta like last time. Today, I was still worried and I called my nurse. I know I am paranoiac, but I feel that I should trust my instincts and there is no reason to be suffering if I could be reassured . The nurse told me to come over just to hear her heart beat. I left work and made it there just on time before the clinic closed. As soon as get into the room to be checked and the nurse asked me what was going on and I complained about less movement , this baby girl decided to show off and started kicking hard and turning… The nurse looked at me as if I am just crazy. She almost had an attitude and gave me the eye of shame…. The heart rate was fine (thank God) . I am still worried about the movements , I wish that she moved more. I read everywhere women talking how they wake up in the middle of the night with the baby kicking , how they can see their belly moving… I just get so nervous because her movements are still so suttle. I feel silly of complaining about these things. I am just having a hard time managing my worries.
It is such a helpless feeling.


Bellow another belly pic at 26 days. I am huge!!!!!!!



Here it’s me practicing with my friend's baby girl. She is so tiny and adorable, only 32 days old. She loved sleeping on my belly. I can't wait to meet my baby girl.

8 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

I juyst think you are the cutest thing! I am sorry this is causing you so much anxiety - I am not one to offer advicein this area as i am a head case- but i am glad htat your baby's heart reate was just fine and that you got ot hear it regardless of nurse attitude

Caro said...

Great belly pic and totally relate to the panic about not moving so much.

Loren said...

Your belly pics are so stinkin cute! and holding a baby is natural for you. We can't wait to meet your baby girl,either!

Fairuce said...

Oi barrigudinha...

Tá linda hein??

Eu to meio sumida esse mês, nem postei no meu blog... fiquei dodoi, nao medi temperatura nem nada... nem sei se ovulei esse mês, hehehe... mas já to melhor.

Tava com saudade suas e vim te deixar um beijo!!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I was worried about my little one's movement as well. I felt him, but not kicks or punches. Now I'm 33 weeks and they have actually become more regular(like almost non-stop at work)and a lot more intense.

Bea said...

Yeah - the lull in movements is pretty worrying. I think mine turned around last night - a couple of very hard kicks and I've been feeling movement regularly again today. But I was getting kind of concerned! Reassuring to hear others having the same concerns at similar stages.

Bea

N7 said...

I'm so sorry I posted this comment under the wrong entry!
so.....what if you give birth on a Thursday at 9:00 pm? lol! :)

I know the whole movemement thing is weird- sometimes you feel, sometimes you don't and end up flipping but everyting is ok. YOUARE NOT PARANOID! I am so proud of you for being so proactive though- you know your gut. And even if your gut is wrong every time, you're a good enough mommy that you will get to the bottom of whatever it is and make sure that little pumpking girl is ok. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!
-Omg your friends baby girl is precious! Can I borrow her too so I can practice? She's such a sweetheart!
-And yeah....that's a big belly! lol! You ate too much at my party!
Looks perfect though!

Dr. Grumbles said...

Wow, sometimes I forget that ER has been on so long!

Great belly pic! You are beautifully huge!