- Childcare. After many many phone calls I narrowed down to 2 options (I'll discuss the pros and cons on another post)
- I register at Babies R us and Target (that was fun, but made me scared of how much I'll need to buy!!!!)
- I enrolled on child birth class(last weekend of Feb was the earliest available)
- Started a big cleaning up on my house, including 5 big trash bags of old clothes, shoes, purses and other unused stuff around the house tat I will donate to good will. I am no where close to be done , but I am glad that I started it. Space is a big issue for me , I still live in an apartment. I've come to terms with the fact that I will not be able to have a nursery done for my baby girl. She will have to stay in our room until August when we will move to a bigger place. I;ll make the best out of it
- Started the travel arrangements for my mom to come from Brazil to stay 2 months with me.
-picked the hospital that will deliver my baby and Narrowed down my choices for paediatrician...
Still lots to do, but I guess this is a start
I had another appointment today. I did the glucose test and I hear form my doc later. I am glad that I gained only 2 pounds through the holidays even though I look huge. I am not kidding, people think that I am due anytime . Baby;s heart sounded strong and loud. She is still breached and using my bladder as a trampoline... I put together those 2 pics to see how big I am getting. First pic at 16 weeks and next at 24 weeks... and I still have lots to grow!!!!!
10 comments:
Sweet!! look at that baby growing! Good Luck on getting alot done in a short period of time!
Out of curiousity what was the baby's heart rate?
That's a big start! You're making me feel quite behind.
Good luck for glucose test results.
Bea
Oh God, childcare and birth classes and and .....
The feeling of unpreparedness NEVER stops... at least, not for me and my oldest is 3 already. Hang in there! Those pictures look great. Don't let anybody's comments about how "you look like you're going to burst any day now!" get to you - those are the people who obviously don't have kids or aren't sure what else to say. Horray for another great appointment! (P.S. I love love love my pediatrician if you need a recommendation! And he's in OP!)
You look awesome! It is crazy how far the belly stretches. Every week I'm amazed at how much bigger I'm getting. I feel like it can't possibly get bigger, but it does and will continue!
sounds like you've gotten a lot done already. narrowing down the childcare options alone is HUGE. congrats!
Cibele - I am so glad that I found your blog as we have many things in common: I, too, am pregnant (24 weeks), we are having a baby girl and I, like you, come from Brazil. I will definitely be coming abck to read your new entries and to see how your pregnancy is progressing. Ate logo!
Bella @ bellybug.diaryland.com
Wow, that's a great belly!
The good thing about registering is that, hopefully, other people buy it for you, so you don't have to buy it yourself! You might still have to cart it all home, of course, if you receive the items at work or at a baby shower at someone else's home.
It seems like a very short time ago that you found out you were pregnant...wow...it is going so fast!
YOU LOOK FABULOUS!
Post a Comment