Sunday, January 27, 2008

Second Trimester Ramblings

I can't believe that is my last week on my second trimester. They say that the second trimester is the most pleasant one: we are not sick anymore, the eminent risk of miscarriage has lifted up. we're are not too big , so on ... My opinion, I found the second trimester to be very stressful. It seems that there are so many milestones to be reaches, so many tests we need to "pass" , we become that much attached with the baby and losing it is that much harder... On these three months I worried about the AFP results, 20 weeks scan, CPC, level 2 sono, glucose test, ,pre term labor, baby movement... I am not complaining at all, just looking back at my experience. At times I felt so overwhelmed that I could barely breath. I am sure that my doc thinks I am nuts, but I don’t care, I'll keep doing whatever I think I need to do to protect my baby girl.
Last Friday I felt very uncomfortable during the day, I am sure that I am having some braxton hicks contractions. I belly felt very hard and tight. Around 5 pm I went to the bathroom and there it was : blood. Not too much, just enough to freaked me out. I was still at work. I tried to keep a straight face and said good bye to everybody and called the emergency hot line from my clinic on my way home. I must say that I am proud of myself, I did not freaked out. The doc told me that I had 2 options: Go home and relax and watch so see if some more blood comes out and come to the office to be checked by the midwife next day or go to L&D that same night. I chose to go home, and thankfully I saw no more blood, baby was moving and felt confident on my decision to stay home. Next day Dh went with me to the doctor . The midwife was great, baby sounded good and best yet cervix is high and closed and baby is head down already (of course she can move back to the breached position). The reason for the minor bleeding is that I still have a yeast infection (I dont know why my doc did not checked me on my last appointment when I told her I still had the symptoms). MW prescribed an stronger cream for me to sued for 7 days. Wait, there is more. Looks like that my constant constipation left me with another gift : hemorrhoids (sorry TMI) oh the wonders of pregnancy. Now I have to be treated for it as well.

On the fun side I think I will have 4 baby showers in he next 2 months!!!! wow, I am so excited. I've daydreamed about my baby shower for so long and now it seems that it will be real. I'll be the mom this time...

Meanwhile, I'll be counting the days to 28 weeks (third trimester) this week... 5 more days!!
Thanks for taking this ride with me, you girls rock!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are almost in the third trimester! You little girl will be here before you know it!

Fairuce said...

Oi querida!!!
Desculpe, andei sumidinha... mas fiquei dodoi, rsrs...
Que bom que sua bebe esta bem. Adoro quando vc diz que tem certeza que seu medico te acha uma doida, mas vc nem liga, rsrs... isso aí, defenda sua cria com garras de leoa... eu faria o mesmo, rs.
Mil beijos e ótimos chás de bebê !!!

N7 said...

yeah whoever said the second trimester was the honeymoon phase must never have been pregnant! lol! I know what you mean- there's always milestones and testing and waiting that gives you hesart attacks...you never have a moment of 'ahhhhh'!
Glad you have a yeast infection and the the bleeding wasnt something else! (gee ever been glad about a yeast infection??) But you know what I mean :) And sorry about the tushie issues....that can't be fun. What a way to ring in the 3rd trimester! But thankfully you are here and you did it and you will continue to do great! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
OK I am so jealous of FOUR baby showers! Thats awesome though- you can spend the remaining weeks putting away and organizing all your cute new stuff! It has to be an awesome feeling to finally be the guest of honor instead of a guest at these things huh?
Stay well!

Bea said...

When you said "blood" my heart stopped a little. Glad it's all under control.

Bea

Caro said...

eeek about the blood but glad it's ok.

Delenn said...

Glad everything is okay, and I hope your third tri-mester is a breeze!

Alison said...

4 showers? What a blasty!

Loren said...

I'm sorry your 2nd trimester was so crazy! At least it's almost over. And I'm glad that blood was not baby related!
Thanks for you comment- nice to know others had bad cramps in the beginning and turned out fine-I only had that one episode, so I'm hoping it was the last! scary, indeed.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Wow, third trimester! Hopefully this one will be smooth sailing.

That is awesome that you are having 4 showers. I just had mine this weekend and it was so special to see how much people really care for my little one.