I am back home. I am 2 cm dilated , that means that I am progressing, but at least not very fast. The contractions are a little stronger now after the pelvic exam... Doc gave me some more medicine do stop contractions. Now is a wait and see game. Doc thinks that with rest and medication I might be able to hold on for one week or so. If I can hold on until next week I'll have to decide if I want to try to do an external inversion to try to put her on the position for birth. I am really confused about that. I really wanted a natural child birth , but I also don't want to put my baby on danger. Has anyone done this?? I heard that it is very painful and it works in 50% of the cases. ANY ADVISE???
The other thing is that the procedure is only performed in a hospital different the one that I am planning to deliver. I am afraid that I will go into labor and will not make to my hospital (I really don't like the other hospital) . The hospitals are 15-20 min apart. I am schedule do see the doc again on Monday, I'll discuss with her more. Wouldn't be great if she turned on her own?? come on baby!!!! you can do it!
At end what matters most is that she can arrive healthy and strong!!!!!
I'll rest now, I am really tired and now that I was forced to slow down I can see how much I needed some rest
9 comments:
WELCOME HOME AND CONGRATULATIONS ON ALMOST 36 WEEKS! That is amazing and no matter what happens you will have a healthy and beautiful baby girl so relax and be at peace with the fact that this little girl may soon be in your arms :)
What meds are you on? The terbutaline?
You WILL make it to the hospital so dont worry...your mind is on this now and your body will tell you when to get moving!
She still might flip. I will be sending positive head down vibes.
sending positive flipping vibes to you
Hopefully she'll flip on her own! When I was pregnant with my daughter 4 years ago, they didn't even give me the external version as an option. Apparently in many cases when it doesn't work, you need to go in for an emergency C-section, since it can cause some distress or other issues wth the baby. Neither my doctor nor I wanted to risk it. I'd definitely ask your doc about the risks involved, and how they'd proceed if it didn't work. Especially if you're in a different hospital.
Best of luck though! And if you do have a Csection, they really aren't that bad. Odd, yes. But overall not that bad.
Menina, nao ponha pressao em vc mesma.... No Brasil, como vc sabe, a cesaria ainda e muito comum e na realidade esse tipo de parto tem as suas vantagens (claro que se ela vier naturalmente sera melhor, mas se vc tiver que fazer uma c, sera otimo tambem). VAI DAR TUDO CERTO! Mil beijos - B~
Fingers crossed for one more week.
Bea
I don't know about the external inversion, but it sounds kinda iffy--esp. since it wouldn't be in your hospital of choice.
I do know about C-Sections--and frankly, its not that bad. Its surgery, yes, but it is not bad recovering from it. Also, you should still be part of the birthing process, as they don't totally knock you out, etc. I was breastfeeding Michael within 1/2 hour of the C-Section (and from others I have heard similar stories).
My opinion would be to not put you and Lyla under undue stress and go for the scheduled C.
Hopefully, she will turn on her own with some bedrest!
Keep hanging in there!
Lyla is healthy and happy and ready to see you! Congratulations on making it this far and keep us updated! C-sections aren't that bad from what I've heard!! xoxo
Come on, Lyla, flip around and stay in a little longer!
Post a Comment